Yehuda Binder holds a B.Sc in Electronic Engineering from the Israeli Technion Institute of Technology and an M.Sc.E.E. and an M.B.A. from the Tel-Aviv University.
Yehuda was Orckit’s representative to the ETSI-TM6 and ANSI T1E1.4 standard committees. He took an active role in the actual drafting of the HDSL and ADSL standards for both European and North-American markets.
Yehuda is a USA Patent Agent and named on over 160 issued US patents and over 250 patentsworldwide. Most of the patents were sold in multiple transactions, and many were successfully litigated in the US. Yehuda is considered an expert in patent monetization worldwide.
Yehuda was involved in many successful Israeli startups, such as Orckit Communication (IPO-ed in Nasdaq) and Indigo (bought by HP), and also solely founded and managed SercoNet Ltd. The total investments in startups founded by Yehuda exceeded $30M, and the investors typically enjoyed a substantial return on their investments.
Talk description pt. 1
1. Intellectual Property (IP) – Importance and types.
2. Copyright, Trade-Secrets, Trademarks, and Patents.
3. Patent types: Utility, Design, and Plant. Famous patents
4. Patent attributes: Geography, Government, durance.
5. Patent structure: Specification and Claims.
6. Patentability: New, Non-Trivial, and Usefulness.
Talk description pt.2
1. Part I summary.
2. Claims type: Method, apparatus. Claims examples
3. Patentable / Non-Patentable subject matter. Software patents.
4. Prior art search. Public patent-related resources. Using patent-related resources.
5. Filing process. Where to file considerations. First-to-file and priority-date concepts.
6. Patent filing trail - Application publication. Regional patent offices. EPO filing route. Patenting associated costs. Accelerated Examination. Classification. Military inventions. Office actions – analysis and response.
7. Paris convention. Patent-cooperation-Treaty (PCT) filing route. Provisional application. Limitations and risks of a provisional application.
8. Continuation / divisional applications. Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH).